[Samba] Pdbedit problem

Michel, Loubert LMichel at astoriafederal.com
Fri Dec 31 08:38:44 MST 2010

Hi,

My name is Lou and I work for Astoria Federal Savings Bank.

I just installed SAMBA in our Unix environment and would like to use pdbedit to manage the password policy.
Samb is working well in my Unix environment. However, I cannot get pdbedit to update the password policy.
No matter what I do what pdbcommand I use, I am still having the same issue. I followed all the instructions from the google search for pdbedit, It is still not working.
I am not using ldap however. Is that the reason why it is not working.

Please help

SAMBA version I am using is 3.4.5. Same as pdbedit.

Thank you
This e-mail and any attachments that accompany it are confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it was intended to be addressed.  Access to this e-mail
by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately return the e-mail to
the sender and delete the original and any copy from your computer.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to its intended recipient,
you are herewith notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or retention of this communication or the
information contained herein is strictly prohibited.