[Samba] error adding a user

Marco Ciampa ciampix at libero.it
Thu Dec 30 20:34:05 MST 2010

Sorry for (I'm shure) my stupid question (and my bad english)...

If this is not the right place to post this kind of question forgive me
and please point me to the right mailinglist.

I've a Samba 3 that works with an openldap server as a sole domain controller.

I used to use the Microsoft usermanager.
After a general migration/upgrate I am not able to create new users anymore.
I can do it with the smbldap-tools, manually only from the root user but
if I do it through the usermanager it gives me an error.
A net user add command done with the same adminitrator user give me this error:

Failed to add user 'pippo' with: WERR_GENERAL_FAILURE.

from the logs:

[2010/12/31 04:30:44,  0] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:2197(ldapsam_add_sam_account)
  ldapsam_add_sam_account: User 'pippo' already in the base, with samba attributes

Any hint?

--

Marco Ciampa