[Samba] Need Help Getting Windows XP To Use Samba Properly

Hodges, Robert CTR USAF AFMC 520 SMXS/MXDEC robert.hodges.ctr at hill.af.mil
Thu Dec 30 07:04:16 MST 2010

Thanks, Chris.

The only WINS server we're attempting to use is Samba itself.  We are not using lmhosts.

Samba is verified to be properly hosting WINS, as there are two instances running (would be only one if WINS wasn't being hosted) and like I said, everything runs great if using a Windows 2000 workstation against the Solaris/Samba server.  No NetBIOS scopes or anything like that, not erven using DHCP - just static IPs on a local workgroup.  Just a very simple, no-frills networking setup.

You guys are awesome, keep the ideas coming.

Bob