[Samba] Samba OpenLDAP TLS

Willy Offermans Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Thu Dec 30 05:35:36 MST 2010

Dear Samba friends,

I have setup a samba server 3.5 on FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE-p2 with
openldap-sasl-server-2.4. I have specified ``TLSVerifyClient demand'' in
slapd.conf and want to enforce the clients to connect and show a
valid certificate to the ldap server. As far as I have understood, Samba
will act as a client as well and in order to access the ldap server it will
need a client certificate as well. I do know how to generate a client
certificate, but I do not know where to tell samba to use this
client certificate. Is this supported by Samba or do I need to lower the
constraints regarding the TLSVerifyClient? Maybe to ``TLSVerifyClient try''?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Willy