[Samba] Need Help Getting Windows XP To Use Samba Properly

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Wed Dec 29 11:33:12 MST 2010

You can set the logs to level 10 using the params in the manual for
smb.conf. Also a neat trick, though, is to include the config file
"smb.conf.%m", which may or may not exist for all machine names, and
include the debug parameter in there. This allows you to add the log
level 10 for only the client(s) you want so as not to waste disk space
on a busy machine.

=R

On 12/29/2010 01:10 PM, Hodges, Robert CTR USAF AFMC 520 SMXS/MXDEC wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> This makes sense, I'll try it.  Excellent idea.
>
> I'm new to Samba, so how do I get it to run in debug mode and do the
> logging option you mentioned?
>
> Sorry to sound so juvenile, my experience with Samba is in reverse -
> getting Linux boxes to use Windows servers.
>
> Bob

- --
|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  | |Ryan Novosielski - Sr. Systems Programmer
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent.|IST/CST-Academic Svcs. - ADMC 450, Newark