[Samba] Need Help Getting Windows XP To Use Samba Properly

Hodges, Robert CTR USAF AFMC 520 SMXS/MXDEC robert.hodges.ctr at hill.af.mil
Wed Dec 29 09:55:16 MST 2010

Chris, thanks for the reply and good idea.

The problem that "browstat status" (MS support tools for XP) reveals is that XP does see the Samba server as the master browser but is unable to pull down the browse list from Samba.

Anybody know how to fix the problem of XP not being able to get the browse list from Samba?

Bob