[Samba] Need Help Getting Windows XP To Use Samba Properly

Hodges, Robert CTR USAF AFMC 520 SMXS/MXDEC robert.hodges.ctr at hill.af.mil
Wed Dec 29 07:13:24 MST 2010

Thanks for responding, Brian, it is greatly appreciated.

To answer your questions:

Samba 3.4.2 is running on Solaris 8.
WINS support is enabled in Samba.
We are using a simple workgroup, not a domain structure.
One single XP workstation, one single Solaris/Samba server.
We are not using DNS, we are using the hosts file in XP.

Bob