[Samba] changing SID breaks some permissions

Christ Schlacta lists at aarcane.org
Fri Dec 24 12:13:36 MST 2010

I've got a standalone host with an SID that matches exactly a domain
SID.  for some (fairly obvious) reason, windows machines get confused by
this, so I need to change one of the two SIDs.  I decided (for
simplicity's sake) to change the machine.  it broke a bunch of
permissions in some silent way, and I couldn't solve a printing related
issue as a result (see my other post).  Clearly there's more to changing
the SID then just net setlocalsid, as that's what broke stuff.  so the
question is this:

what else uses that sid, and where does it need to be changed?