[Samba] Multinetwork environment without WINS server

Christopher Springer cspringer at brcrp.com
Thu Dec 23 05:44:38 MST 2010

If you use DHCP on your network the following directive (on a Linux
server running dhcpd) will automatically distribute the WINS information:

option netbios-name-servers XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

This is the easiest way I've found to handle the Netbios situation with
Samba in a multi-site environment.  We have 6 sites total and it has
worked flawlessly since the time I installed it.
--

Christopher Springer
IS/IT Systems Administrator
cspringer at brcrp.com