[Samba] Samba upgrade question

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 12:34:26 MST 2010

You would have to define a new Solaris 10 service for the new samba.  I
don't know how to do this myself-  the solaris documentation should say how,
but it always looked pretty complicated to me.  You have to define the
dependencies.

You are probably better off creating an /etc/init.d/samba script and sym
linking it to the appropriate rc.d directions-  the same way you would have
done it in Solaris 9 or earlier.   "svcs -a" will list it as a legacy
service.  This is what I did.

You will need to use "svcadm" to disable the bundled samba version.

I believe Solaris Express , just released, has samba 3.4.x  or 3.5.x  higher
included.