[Samba] Centos-DS as backend

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 03:12:45 MST 2010

On 17 December 2010 10:05, Stanislav Vlasov <vlasov.s.v at neyvabank.ru> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 10:25:01PM +0200, Michael Wood wrote:
>
>> On 15 December 2010 15:18, Serge Fonville <serge.fonville at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Do you mean http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/LDAP_Backend/Fedora_DS
>
>> Try the link mentioned by Serge.  If you run into problems you should
> This link very outdated...

Maybe so, but I think it's still probably the best place to start.  I
have never used an external LDAP server with Samba 4, though.  Also,
Andrew's caveats are of course very important, even if you do get it
to work.

>> probably ask on the samba-technical mailing list.
>
> May be you rights. But samba-technical is "Discussions on Samba internals".
> Discussion about setting up is not about internals, IMHO.

Yes, but the Samba4 HOWTO says:

While Samba4 is still in alpha release we would encourage you to
report both your successes and failures to the samba-technical mailing
list on http://lists.samba.org

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>