[Samba] PDC (CentOS 5.5, Samba 3.5.6): no domain group names sent to Windows 2003 members

Konstantin Boyandin temmokan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 23:25:17 MST 2010

Hello Denis,

Switching (in fact, downgrading a bit) to SerNet and/or other distros
will be the last resort.

So far, Samba 3.5.6 domain works quite reliably, but certain behaviour
patterns like the mentioned 'groups forgetting' are quite annoying.

I'd be glad to hear about how to handle this on permanent basis;
periodic Samba service restarts are but the temporary solution.

I will put SerNet Samba packages to test on a 'sandbox domain', but
downgrading is always undesirable path.

Thanks.
Sincerely,
Konstantin