[Samba] Keeping Windows ACL's when migrating to SAMBA Server

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Sun Dec 12 07:20:21 MST 2010

2010/12/12 George <greenadmins at gmail.com>:
> We setup a Ubuntu SAMBA 3.5 server and would like it to replace our current
> Windows 2003 file server. I can manually copy the files over but need to
> keep all the Windows UID's and GID's but am having trouble copying the files
> over. Does anyone have any idea what im doing wrong or have any ideas for me
> to do this?
>
> I have pasted the contents of my smb.conf below my name.
>
> George

Does Windows Server 2003 and Ubuntu belongs to same domain?

If you migrate Windows domain to Samba domain, how did you migrate SID
of domain?

How did you migrate, using scopy or xcopy /o?

What is your trouble?

subinacl might be helpfull of you.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301940/en-us
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en