[Samba] cifs and Netapp DFS-shares problems

Marcus lists at localguru.de
Wed Dec 8 17:37:19 MST 2010

Hi,

are there any known issues with cifs and DFS-shares on Netapp file
servers? We have a Netapp file sever with DFS on the user's home shares.
The home shares can successfully mounted with

  mount -t cifs //sever/home/username /mnt/ -o user=username,domain=AD

but the connection hangs in the moment a directory listing is started.
The strange thing is that only shares with activated DFS show this
problem. I'm not maintaining the Netapp file server therefore a can't
post more information about that system. On client side I'm using Ubuntu
LTS 10.04.1.

Ciao,
Marcus