[Samba] samba 3.5.x, pdbedit smb.conf and profiles

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Wed Dec 8 16:36:53 MST 2010

Hello,

2010/12/9 Andy <ange3791 at area5101.com>:
> Yes, that is it exactly.
On 12/8/2010 5:14 PM, Chris Smith wrote:

>> I reported a similar problem on May 26, 2010, the post was titled "how
>> to reset logon script inheritance?"
>>
>> It seems there are certain values that are inherited from smb.conf but
>> once you set them individually with pdbedit the tdbsam is effectively
>> "tattooed" - that is there is seemingly no way to get that setting
>> back to automatic inheritance.
>>
>> Is this a bug? Or have we just missed the proper documentation?

I think this behavior is by design. In smb.conf(5), there is a warning
notice at the description of "logon path":

-----
Where the tdbsam or ldapsam passdb
backend is used, at the time the user account is created the
value configured for this parameter is written to the passdb
backend and that value will over-ride the parameter value
present in the smb.conf file.
-----

This warning should be applied not only at "logon path" but also at
"logon home", "logon script" and  "logon drive".

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>