[Samba] winbind with ldap backend on samba 3.5.4

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Wed Dec 8 06:06:36 MST 2010

Hi list,

Okay, I have mostly got the disabling errors of samba 3.5.4 on
Openindiana sorted. Things like child smbd processes core dumping/dying
(max groups set to 16 only by default in opensolaris kernel) and being
unable to create sid-uid/sid-gid mappings.

What remains is finding out why winbind in samba 3.5.4 no longer
automatically creates new mappings. Any pointers on where to look? Right
now I do not have to create a lot of mappings but it is not going to fun
later when I have to do hundreds manually at the start of the new school
year.

regards,

Christopher