[Samba] samba 3.5.x, pdbedit smb.conf and profiles

Andy ange3791 at area5101.com
Tue Dec 7 11:29:08 MST 2010

The per-user values set by pdbedit do override the value in smb.conf.
The problem I am having is that I set "profile path" with pdbedit to
something different than what's in smb.conf, but now I want to go back
to the value of "logon path" in smb.conf. Setting the profile path with
pdbedit to an empty string, "", or NULL, does not result in the value
being read again from smb.conf, it just sets the value to blank.

Thanks.

How do you remove the per-user value with pdbedit and have the value
read from smb.conf? I have tried setting the per-user value both to ""
and NULL.