[Samba] Windows7 roaming user profile can loose parameters after reboot samba server?

kazabe kazabe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 10:14:36 MST 2010

Hi.

I have a xen virtualized samba server.  Today i was experiment a very
strange situation.  Practically all the stations are windows XP.  Some
station are vista or 7, but they are not connected to the domain yet.
I have just 1 win7 logged on the domain, and today, after restart the
samba server, the station cant load the apps correctly.

We use roaming users and use a centraliced access application shared
by samba in a public folder, and all the others clients work today
without problems;  only the win7 start with problems (apparenlty is
requesting some dll files).  If we start local session in the win7
station with the local admin user, work perfectly; but wf try to
access with the domain user, present errors.

I give to the domain users all the local permission (is a local
administrator), but the problem continue.

I dont make any change in the samba conf or any server configuration.
Just restart the samba server, because was added more ram.  The win7
station was worked correctly with the domain user before reboot the
server;  After that, is presenting problems.

Why can happen that?  win7 store some "cached configuration" in the
samba server?

Im very confused.

Thanks in advance.

This is my smb.conf

PDC:# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
[global]
       netbios name = PDC
       netbios aliases = SRV
       ldap ssl = no
       passwd chat debug = yes
       name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
       idmap gid = 15000-20000
       passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully*
.
       veto files = *.mpg
       passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
       use client driver = Yes
       dns proxy = No
       printing = cups
       idmap uid = 17000-30000
       logon script = logon.bat
       local master = yes
       workgroup = COMPANY
       os level = 99
       printcap name = /etc/printcap
       security = user
       add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false/ -d
/var/lib/nobody %u
       getwd cache = yes
       delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
       max log size = 1000
       log level = 3
       log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
       read raw = yes
       add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
       smb ports = 139 445
       delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
       socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
       add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usernod -G %g %u
       logon drive = P:
       domain master = yes
       username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
       interfaces = eth0 192.168.2.1
       encrypt passwords = yes
       passdb backend = tdbsam
       logon home = \\pdc\%U
       template shell = /bin/false
       wins support = yes
       server string = PDC Server
       enhanced browsing = yes
       unix password sync = yes
       logon path = \\pdc\profiles\%U
       add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m %u -g users -G users
       hide special files = Yes
       utmp = Yes
       preferred master = true
       domain logons = yes