[Samba] Permissions problem

Bruno MACADRE bruno.macadre at univ-rouen.fr
Fri Dec 3 03:16:45 MST 2010

Well,

	I've searched on samba.org why these two versions don't have the same
behaviour and I found that's a bug in 3.3.0.

	So now the problem is a little bit different :
I'm on a SAMBA 3.5.6 Server with this share :
[partinfo]
	path=/shares/partinfo
	valid users = +info
	force user = %U
	force group = info
	write list = +info
	public = No
	create mask = 0660
	directory mask = 0770

and localy :
drwxrwx--T 21 root info 4096 2009-01-17 08:38 partinfo

Localy the behaviour is Ok :
User FOO put a file in /shares/partinfo :
-rw-rw---- 1 foo info 9 2010-12-03 11:00 foo_file

If user BAR wants to delete it : Permission Denied
If user BAR wants to modify it : Ok

Remotely the behaviour is Bad :
If user BAR mount this share and try to delete the file foo_file :
Permission Denied (Nice !)
If user BAR try to modify it : Permission Denied (Not Nice...) !

I've tried lot of modifications into my smb.conf but nothing works.

I want my share works identicaly localy and remotely !! I want that all
users in info group can modify all files (except these without 'w'
rights) but can only delete files that they own...

I'm sure it's possible with SAMBA, but how ?

--

Bruno MACADRE
  Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseau     | Systems and Network Engineer

	Tél : +33 (0)2-32-95-51-86
	Fax : +33 (0)2-32-95-51-87