[Samba] how to let windbind to use LOCAL groupmaps?

drag chan zgchan317 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 04:10:54 MST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to join  linux machines to AD domain with the help of winbind.
In order to make account managent more easier, I want to create
corresponding group maps from every linux native group, then join
domain users/groups to the new LOCAL groupmap.

At present, BUILTIN groupmap works fine with the steps:

net groupmap add sid=S-1-5-32-544 unixgroup=admin
ntgroup=BUILTIN\\Administrators type=local
net sam addmem BUILTIN\\Administrators  'dn\domain admins'

But, LOCAL groupmap doesn't work with the similar steps:

net groupmap add unixgroup=admin ntgroup=ntadmin type=local
net sam addmem ntadmin 'dn\domain admins'

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 with winbind 3.5.4, no smbd/nmbd installed
How to let winbind to use LOCAL groupmaps?

Thanks,
dragchan