[Samba] Windows 7 problem accessing domain member samba serve r on different subnet

d rummymobile at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 17:08:31 MST 2010

I actually uninstalled all the live components when I first set up
this machine, and the Windows 2008 servers never had the live
components installed.

Reading the thread you posted made this seem like the solution to my
problem. But there are no live components installed anywhere!

I have turned up debugging on the samba server and noticed this when I
try and access samba using the netbios name:

reply_spnego_negotiate: network misconfiguration, client sent us a
krb5 ticket and kerberos security not enablederror packet at
smbd/sesssetup.c(719) cmd=115 (SMBsesssetupX) NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

The session setup seems to stop after this log. When I access samba by
IP address, the session seems to be set up okay.

And this only applies to servers on a different subnet from my
workstation. Samba servers on the same subnet work fine by both
netbios name and ip address.

I might have to try kerberizing one samba server for testing purposes.

Thanks,

Dan