[Samba] New PDC

Christopher Springer cspringer at brcrp.com
Tue Aug 31 06:51:12 MDT 2010

  The basic concept here is making sure that the SID and RID's are the
same on the new Samba PDC as on the old PDC.  After you migrate that
information using "net setlocalsid" and "net setdomainsid" it is
possible to go into the passdb backend (in our case LDAP) and manually
modify the users to match their old NT id (I believe they call the last
4 digits the RID).  You can find the users' ID's in the Windows registry
in the key for their respective profile.  This will allow you to join
the new domain without any of the profiles being re-created.

I know this works because I've just done the same thing.  However, I
could not get "net rpc vampire" to work on our old domain controllers.

Chris

--
Christopher Springer
IS/IT Systems Administrator