[Samba] New PDC

Gregory A. Cain greg at gregorycain.net
Mon Aug 30 16:11:02 MDT 2010

Hi -

I'm setting up a new Samba PDC here in a 30-person architectural office.
  The current PDC is running on an older computer and hasn't been
updated in a while.

The new PDC will be Samba 3.4.0 running on Ubuntu 9.10.  We don't use
roaming profiles.

My question is this - is there a way to "seamlessly" migrate the
desktops to the new PDC from the old one without having to move or copy
all their profile data?  In other words, to have the desktops "see" the
new PDC as the old PDC?

Any information anyone can provide (the more detail the better - I don't
do this stuff every day) - would be very, very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Greg