[Samba] Migrating samba domain to new computer.

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Fri Aug 27 12:56:05 MDT 2010

How about some more specific  problems.

noticed that there is no localsid.
net getlocalsid
[2010/08/27 13:48:15,  0] utils/net.c:net_getlocalsid(708)
  Can't fetch domain SID for name: OSHKOSH

I have seen mention that the localsid should be the same as the domainsid
when using ldap.
Is that true?

Seen comments that the user sid for the administrator must end with -500.
Is that true?
Mine is not. it will be painfull to change but I can deal with it.

Thanks

John