[Samba] Windows 7 with smb2 can not connect as guest ?

Francois Lepretre flsamba at quad.fr
Fri Aug 27 10:29:34 MDT 2010

Le 27/08/2010 17:43, Jeremy Allison a écrit :
> Oh, you're using "security = share". How I *hate*
> that setting :-). You do realize "security = user"
> can do everything that "security = share" can do,
> don't you ?

No I did not :-)

Back to Google, I have just discovered the magical "map to guest = Bad
Password" setting which allows (me) to make guest connections to shares
while in "security = user" mode.

>I'm pretty sure SMB2 guest connections
> work with "security = user" (as that's how I test them :-).

Indeed it works.  :-)

Thanks a lot !!!

I can go back to SMB2 performance testing which was the original purpose
of enabling smb2.

Francois