[Samba] Set password expiration date

Arvid Requate requate at univention.de
Fri Aug 27 07:42:20 MDT 2010

Hi Marco,

Freitag, 27. August 2010 15:29:27 Marco De Vitis wrote:
> I'm using Samba 3.2.5 on Debian Lenny, and I need to set the password
> for a certain user to expire on a specific date (not "now", it's a date
> in the future).
>
> When I was on Debian Etch I could use this:
>
> pdbedit -r -u user --time-format=%d-%m-%Y --pwd-must-change-time=<date>
>
> But it seems this option for pdbedit is not available anymore in the
> Samba version included in Lenny.

Sounds like a more debian related packaging question:
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/i386/samba/filelist
says /usr/bin/pdbedit is shipped in 2:3.2.5-4lenny12.

Arvid

--
****
Besuchen Sie unsere Praxis-Vorträge zu UCS at School auf der FIT-ÖV

Arvid Requate
Open Source Software Engineer

Univention GmbH
Linux for your business