[Samba] Windows Vista keeps on deleting cached roaming profile

erik bergsma ebergsma1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 07:16:20 MDT 2010

Well i turned out to be my LDAP server after all,

after another week (that is almost 2 weeks in total) i've found that if a
user is in a secondary LDAP group with a GID of 514, Windows vista will
delete the cached roaming profile :-S No ADS on the same subnet, no policys,
no registry hacks, none of that.

Don't ask me what signals are sent from samba 3.5.2. to trigger this action,
or what parts of the source of Samba are responsible for this, but i am just
glad that i found the error, and am able to fix it now.

oh i've set up the same group settings/GID into another non-ldap Samba 3.5.2
domain, and from there out Windows doesn't remove the profiles, so it seems
to be a LDAP related problem.

thnx for your help all!