No subject

Fri Aug 20 08:29:19 MDT 2010

eMail: mueller at tropenklinik.de
Internet: www.tropenklinik.de

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: samba-bounces at lists.samba.org =
[mailto:samba-bounces at lists.samba.org] Im
Auftrag von Donny Brooks
Gesendet: Montag, 23. August 2010 21:29
An: samba at lists.samba.org
Betreff: Re: [Samba] Moving Samba PDC to new machine

 I apologize for not explaining why I am asking this. Recently we had to
move a subset of our users off of the primary server as it houses our
administration users home directories and my documents. When we moved =
these
users I had all kinds of trouble with them not pulling the profiles like =
it
should have and from the proper server. But since I am not changing the
machines name, I don' think I will have similar issues. Am I correct in
assuming this?
=20
=20
--=20
=20
Donny B.=20
=20
On Monday, August 23, 2010 02:23 PM CDT, Donny Brooks
<dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us> wrote:=20
=20
> I am looking to move our current Samba primary domain controller to a =
new
machine. The current machine is EOL, running Fedora 11 (old), and had =
way
too many services on it to start with (mail, dns, samba, mysql =
replication,
primary ldap, etc). I am looking to move to a Xen domu with either =
Fedora 13
or Centos 5.5. What my question is is this:=20
> what should I look for when I migrate the samba install to the new
machine.=20
>=20
> We use OpenLDAP backend for authentication if that matters for =
anything. I
will most likely keep the machine name the same but will change the IP. =
know in the other servers that we have that rely on this one as the PDC =
will need to change every reference of its IP address. But I am making =
sure
there is not any "gotcha" deals.
> --=20
> =20