[Samba] how to set folder redirection on Windows 7 with a Samba PDC

Abe Lau abelau+samba at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 21:54:21 MDT 2010

Hi,
I have read that Windows 7 is using a new admx format and that it is not
compatible with the old-school poledit.  If I would like to stick with a
Samba PDC, is there any elegant way to get Windows 7 client to obey the
folder redirection(and possibly other rules) set using poledit &
NTConfig.pol?

I have been searching the mailing list, but there doesn't seems to be much
detailed information on how to get Windows 7 to integrate nicely with a
Samba PDC.  Any insights?

Thanks,
Abe