[Samba] Windows Server + Samba

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 07:44:35 MDT 2010

On 08/19/2010 08:21 AM, Maiquel Consalter wrote:
> Hi peopel, i am install the samba server version 3.5, and my Windows server
> when i try connect show that error:
> "The device attached to the system not functioning". My client windows xp,
> vista, 7 connect with out errors.
> Someone help?

It can't authenticate the user.    The "device" warning is a little
misleading.  YOu will probably see errors in the samba log reflecting
user authentication issues.

Are these machines in a domain?  Which machine is the PDC?  Which
version of Windows server?

For Windows 7 there are registry changes you may need (see the samba
wiki.)    Not sure about Vista.  XP should not need changes.