[Samba] [SAMBA]IDMAP/GID2SID/1004 couldn't be found

rsa31 informatique at mairie-ramonville.fr
Thu Aug 19 04:16:57 MDT 2010

Hello

I just migrate my old server Linux Debian Woody / Samba 3.04 (PDC, wins
server, without windbind without ldap, with passwd backend : smbpasswd)
to a new server Linux Debian Lenny / Samba 3.4.8 (backport) with the same
configuration (PDC, wins server, without windbind without ldap, with passwd
backend : smbpasswd).

I have following the instruction manual for a Samba server migration,
including copying files to *. tdb database.

In the display control pdbedit-L-v and the log of connecting computers, I
have error messages like:
Cache entry key = IDMAP/GID2SID/1004 couldn't be found.

number 1004 (example) is the GID of a group located in /etc/group,
SID (S-1-5-21-. ...- 3174) for this group is well displayed by the command
net groupmap list.

few lines later, I see the following:
do lookup_sid (S-1-5-21-. ...- 3174) for group of user S-1-5-21-.....
lookup_global_sam_rid: looking up RID 3174
smbpasswd_getsampwdrid: search by sid: S-1-5-21-3174 ....-
lookup_rids: name_of_group: 2

despite the error "Could not be found", it seems to find the group and its
SID, GID corresponding to the group file.

With this information, can you tell me if this error is a real problem or is
it normal?

If it is a mistake, what is the cause and how to solve the problem?

If you need additional information to be able to answer me, thank you kindly
tell me which.

Thank you for your help
Sincerely,

P.S.: sorry for my bad English