[Samba] Problem integrating Samba with External LDAP

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Tue Aug 17 01:12:11 MDT 2010

What do you want to do?
Set up a memberserver, be a BDC or what?
First of all has you LDAP the samba3 scheme loaded?
If it is so  you must install ldap-client on your system.
getent passwd and getent group must list you the users and groups from
your ldap.
Then at least you have to join your samba3 to the remote samba domain as
member.
Point in your smb.conf, there [globals], password server = yourremotesamba

That's it
Daniel

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV