[Samba] getent and a lot of users

Michal Dobroczynski michal.dobroczynski at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 06:54:52 MDT 2010

Hello,

On 16 August 2010 14:38, raveenpl <raveenpl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my environment I have windows ads domain with 180k users.
>
> I use Samba 3.5.4 and I noticed that not always all users are returned when
> I use getent command (sometimes it is half of whole list, sometimes this
> list is empty).
>
> Anybody has similar problem?

"ads domain" - where do you pull your data from? Is it OpenLDAP or AD?

Check if it's not your backend that limits the size of the answer.
OpenLDAP has a configuration directive called "sizelimit" (more in man
slapd.conf).

That would be my first suggestion. I also recommend ngrep for checking
things up.

Regards,
Michal