[Samba] Samba 3.0.37 with Windows Server 2008

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Fri Aug 13 15:02:29 MDT 2010

> /etc/krb5.conf
>
> [libdefaults]
>  default_realm = XXX.XXX
>  dns_lookup_realm = false
>  dns_lookup_kdc = false
>  ticket_lifetime = 24h
>  forwardable = yes
>  default_tkt_enctypes = arcfour-hmac-md5 aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96
> aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96
>  default_tgs_enctypes = arcfour-hmac-md5 aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96
> aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96
>
> -=Andrew

So what do your Samba settings look like, then?  I tried putting the stuff you have above into my krb5.conf file, and that doesn't change my ability to connect to the Samba services from a 2008 machine.

Thanks,
Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.