[Samba] wbinfo -a works but wbinfo -i doesn't

Filer, Darrin J. Darrin.Filer at CookMedical.com
Fri Aug 13 06:25:55 MDT 2010

We're in the process of upgrading from 3.2.14 to 3.5.4 on RHEL5.2 in an effort to eliminate frequent complete system pauses when winbindd pulls info from the AD2003 servers. The 3.2.14 packages were removed, 3.5.4 installed, and the previous smb.conf file reinstated.

wbinfo -i works, as do -g -u -t -a -K and -m.
However wbinfo -i doesn't. It returns "Could not get info for user" even though that user shows up in wbinfo -u.
The domain has been joined and kerberos checks out.

I'm looking at nss as the culprit, but nsswitch.conf is identical to all our other working systems. Any ideas?