[Samba] Samba 3.0.37 with Windows Server 2008

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Wed Aug 11 08:21:43 MDT 2010

> Nick,
>
> I would suggest looking at your available encryption types available to
> Solaris.  We ran into this before and this bug supplied a work around
> that fixed us.
>
> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/printableBug.do?bug_id=6534506
>
> If you want to find out the encryption levels available to your system,
> you can issue:
>
> # cryptoadm list

Okay, so I can do this, but the "extra" file is not present on OpenSolaris, and the only other three pkcs libraries that are present are in use on the system.  Also, I'm able to successfully use kinit to get a kerberos ticket from the command line on the Solaris system, but Samba still fails.

Thanks for the lead - I'll continue to track it down!

-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.