[Samba] Dumb questions

David Gonzalez info at dghvoip.com
Tue Aug 10 16:12:30 MDT 2010

Hi,

I've followed Muller's HOWTO thread and it worked like a charm, except for
these errors when starting smaba on node2

mba,DC=dghvoip,DC=com using filter (uSNChanged>=3524)
DsGetNCChanges with uSNChanged >= 3524 flags 0x00000070 on
CN=Configuration,DC=samba,DC=dghvoip,DC=com gave 0 objects (done 0/0) 0
links (done 0/0)
/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: update failed: REFUSED
/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: update failed: REFUSED
/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: update failed: REFUSED
/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: update failed: REFUSED
/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: update failed: REFUSED
/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: update failed: REFUSED
/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: update failed: REFUSED
/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: update failed: REFUSED
/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: update failed: REFUSED

I think I'll have to manually add a a line to named.conf to allow this host
to update DDNS records, might help.

Other question is: I have a shre I want to be viewable as with Samba3, but
hwnever I browse NetHood, I don't see my Samba4 Servers, I _do_ see them if
I do \\server\share at the command prompt or Run... window. Is there anyway
to make Samba4 shares viewable?.

Thanks.

---
David Gonzalez H.
DGHVoIP - OPEN SOURCE TELEPHONY SOLUTIONS
Phone Bogotá: +(57-1)289-1168
Phone Medellin: +(57-4)247-0985
Mobile: +(57)315-838-8326
MSN: david at planetaradio.net