[Samba] Samba4 replication PDC/BDC Status

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Thu Aug 5 10:31:25 MDT 2010

  Dear all, I set up a samba4 dc (S1; provisioned) on a physical machine
and a second samba4(S2) on another machine. S2 wa set up without
provisioning by replication. Users, groups are well replicated and show up
on both DCs. But when I stop S1 my win-clients can logon( I think only
cached) but the shares on S2 are not accesible. Error no DC available.
Starting S1 again all shares on S2 work well. My Question: Replication to
another DC makes only sense if S2 can do the logon when S1 is down. How can
I mange that? Is it possible at this stage of samba4 alpha 12?? Is there a
HOWTO concerning this action?? Greetings Daniel