[Samba] Domain trust between a Samba PDC domain and W2K AD domain

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 07:02:32 MDT 2010

It may depend somewhat on the domain or forest mode of the AD domain.

I had partial success with Samba 3.0.x and a Windows 2003 domain  in
mixed mode.   However the winbind idmap entries would expire from cache
and not refresh.    I couldn't get Samba 3.0.x to trust an AD domain in
Windows 2003 native mode.  Upgrading to Samba 3.4.8 seems to have
resolved the Win 2003 compatibility issue.  However,  I had to manually
create winbind idmap entries in samba   (LDAP backend) for each Windows
2003 user-  there weren't that many and it changes rarely.