[Samba] getent acting unreliable with idmap_ad

Nico De Ranter nico at sonycom.com
Mon Aug 2 05:14:53 MDT 2010

Hi Robert,

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 11:32 +0200, Robert Grasso wrote:
> Hello Nico,
>
> I am unsure I will be able to help you further with this topic, I am not a Samba nor AD master ...

Thanks for trying anyway. Very much appreciated :-)

> > I already list my servers in "password server =", altough I
> > do have the
> > impression that Samba may have problems with my 2008R2
> > servers. I'll try
> > playing with the settings.
>
> I cannot tell for 2008R2, we don't have this version yet ...
>

> > > - I stated clearly my /etc/krb5.conf
> >
> > Do you mean fill in /etc/krb5.conf properly or should I refer to it
> > somewhere in the smb.conf file?  I'm sure my krb5.conf is correct is I
> > was using it in my old setup using kerberos+ldap authentication.  I
> > found some reference on the Internet to an smb.conf variable "use
> > kerberos keytab = yes" however this doesn't seem to be accepted for
> > Samba 3.4.7
>
> I just filled it up properly, but did not mention Kerberos in any way in smb.conf

Doh, that's what I have too.

Any chance you could send me a copy of your smb.conf?

Nico

--
With kind regards

Nico De Ranter
Senior System Administrator
Techsoft Centre

Technology and Software Centre Europe
The Corporate Village - Da Vincilaan 7-D1 - B-1935 Zaventem - Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8641
Fax:          +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:    nico.deranter at eu.sony.com

A division of Sony Europe (Belgium) N.V.
VAT BE 0413.825.160 - RPR Brussels
Fortis - BIC GEBABEBB - IBAN BE41293037680010