[Samba] Updrading samba

maulikm at email.com maulikm at email.com
Thu Apr 29 04:38:36 MDT 2010

 Hello all,
I use samba 2.0.5 in one of my machine and in other machine i use windows xp. This combination works perfectly when come into file sharing. But when i use windows vista with samba 2.0.5 i cannot use samba share. I did lots things in vista to run samba share but iot was helpless. So i like to know that if i upgrade samba to version 3 or later will i be able to run samba share with vista and if yes how can i upgrade samba without loosing previous settings. Please help me out with this.

Thanks,
Maulik Mistry