[Samba] Winbind 3.5.2 caching issues under SLES11???

Neil Price nprice at gibb.co.za
Mon Apr 26 03:44:12 MDT 2010

On 2010/04/23 10:58 PM, Chris Smith wrote:

> Don't know if it's related but on 2 systems with 3.5.2 I could not get
> the new idmap backend (moved from tdb to rid) to work without deleting
> the gencache* tdb's in addition to the winbind ones.

I had the same problem on 3.4.7 moving from tdb to ldap. I also had get
rid of nscd which for some reason Debian always installs with Samba. I
was confused because everything would come right after a reboot. I
thought that Samba is emulating Windows a little TOO closely!

I wrote this little script while I was messing with different idmap options:
#!/bin/sh
#
# stop samba, reset cache and restart
/etc/init.d/winbind stop