[Samba] net ads testjoin

Khaled Blah khaled.blah at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 24 10:35:58 MDT 2010

Hello all,

I am new to this list and hopefully I am at the right place. Firstly,
thanks to everyone involved in this project. You do a great job!

Now, I use "net" to join Windows AD domains and was wondering where I
can find out more information on what happens during a "net ads
testjoin". The information I found on the documentation pages of net
or smb.conf on the website did not say much about it. I have noticed
that a "testjoin" will ask for a password when the domain membership
is not valid and it'll ignore kerberos tickets. Is there something I
am missing here?

I am grateful to any insight you guys could give me!

Regards,
Khaled