[Samba] Can join AD 2003 domain; can't list shares from other servers - MORE

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Fri Apr 23 17:47:51 MDT 2010

More info - it now appears that the problem is with workhorse, not the
laptop. I *can* successfully do a "smbclient -L" to the other, actual
Windows stations on the LAN:

$ smbclient -L dim-win2300
Enter turgon's password:
Domain=[DACRIB] OS=[Windows Server 2003 3790 Service Pack 2]
Server=[Windows Server 2003 5.2]

	Sharename       Type      Comment
	---------       ----      -------
	C$              Disk      Default share
	IPC$            IPC       Remote IPC
	ADMIN$          Disk      Remote Admin
	Temp            Disk      Temp Share
	SYSVOL          Disk      Logon server share
	NETLOGON        Disk      Logon server share
Domain=[DACRIB] OS=[Windows Server 2003 3790 Service Pack 2]
Server=[Windows Server 2003 5.2]

	Server               Comment
	---------            -------
	DIM-WIN2300          The DC

	Workgroup            Master
	---------            -------
	DACRIB               DIM-WIN2300

turgon at turgon-laptop:/etc/samba$ smbclient -L p4-desktop
Enter turgon's password:
Domain=[DACRIB] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

	Sharename       Type      Comment
	---------       ----      -------
	E$              Disk      Default share
	My Documents    Disk
	IPC$            IPC       Remote IPC
	D$              Disk      Default share
	Videos          Disk      Watchin' the images
	print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
	G$              Disk      Default share
	ADMIN$          Disk      Remote Admin
	N$              Disk      Default share
	Old MyDocs      Disk      Old "My Documents"
	C$              Disk      Default share
	Tunez           Disk      Listening to the sounds
Domain=[DACRIB] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

	Server               Comment

	Workgroup            Master

So the problem is specific to trying to do a "smbclient -L" against the
other Linux box running Samba. Not sure if that's indicative of other
Samba issues. workhorse has no problem doing a "smbclient -L" against
the laptop ...