[Samba] Winbind Samba 3.5.1

Giovani Moda giovani at mrinformatica.com.br
Fri Apr 23 08:01:40 MDT 2010

> Winbind log shows:
> [13916]: request interface version
> [13916]: request location of privileged pipe
> [13916]: pam auth markr
> [13753]: dual pam auth markr
> could not open handle to NETLOGON pipe
> Plain-text authentication for user markr returned
> NT_STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE (PAM: 4)
> [13916]: request interface version
> [13916]: request misc info
> [13916]: request netbios name
> [13916]: request domain name
> [13916]: domain_info [APPEL]
> [13916]: pam auth crap domain: [APPEL] user: markr
> [13753]: pam auth crap domain: APPEL user: markr
> could not open handle to NETLOGON pipe (error:
NT_STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE)
> NTLM CRAP authentication for user [APPEL]\[markr] returned
> NT_STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE (PAM: 4)

Just saw those on samba 3.5.2. Everything works (wbinfo -t, wbinfo -u,
etc), except authentication through winbind. My scenario is a PDC with
winbind authenticating on the same machine. Used to work fine on 3.4.x.

Any hints?

Thanks,

Giovani Moda

signature database 5035 (20100416) __________