[Samba] net ads testjoin failed but net rpc testjoin work

Thu Apr 22 22:32:07 MDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 01:38:53PM +0200, Thierry Leurent wrote:
> wbinfo -a EMPIRE+NuteGunray%CatoNeimoida
> plaintext password authentication succeeded
> challenge/response password authentication succeeded

Sorry, I had not seen that you have set your winbind
separator to + .

> I really have some troubles to understand Samba and Active Directory.

Samba is a very flexible tool. You might start out with an
almost empty smb.conf tool just using the workgroup
parameter and make that work. The advantage of this approach
is that much of the documentation out there does not take
many of the possible settings into account.

Volker