[Samba] NFS for SAMBA

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 17:01:55 MDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Mario Salcedo <mariosr98 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have a Samba Server Centos 5.3. How I needed space, I mount for
> NFS a directory of a NFS Server in another machine and this directory
> is share for Samba Serevr. My problem is that when I connect to Samba
> Server for Linux I dont have problems. I open the files like if this
> were in tha local machine. But when I connect of Windows machine to
> Samba I have problems open files, that is too slow.
>
> I probe share another directory but local in Samba Server, and I dont
> have problem in Linux and Windows. I dont know which is the problem.

Depending on your version of Windows, you may be able to skip this use
Services For UNIX. If you're on CentOS, I'd recommend the jump the new
Samba 3.5.2, which isn't in CentOS but is at
http://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/3.5/. I approve of those, they're
behavning very well on my RHEL and CentOS environments.