[Samba] Using local Samba ID without AD password restrictions

Lori llrivers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 13:55:35 MDT 2010

Hello,

I need to setup an Samba ID local to our Unix system without tying it into
AD to avoid the AD password regulations and restrictions.  IDs are currently
configured so samba is only using AD for authentication.  I'm not sure if
you can use a hybrid of AD and smbpasswd users.

If our samba server  is joined to a domain, could we create a
local account in Samba for the user so we don't have to deal with  domain
rules for password changes, etc?

 Thx IA!

Lori