[Samba] ?! Winbind stops (causing troubles with my Boss and customers)

Mistofeles ptmusta at utu.fi
Wed Apr 14 01:51:00 MDT 2010

If I give command 'locale', I get _14_ lines.

'Winbind -d10' stops after it has written _14_ times this comment to
/var/log/samba/log.winbindd:

[2010/04/12 14:08:06,  5] lib/charcnv.c:82(charset_name)
   Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE

Cursor doesn't appear again but with Ctrl-C.

What is the next step winbind is trying to take after it has gone
through localizations ?

Is there any way to get more troubleshooting information about winbindd ?