[Samba] AIX 5.3 Active Directory Synchronisation using Winbind

Craig Green cgreen at ultradata.com.au
Sun Apr 11 23:08:26 MDT 2010

Hi William,

I appear to have resolved the main issue.
I have had to include both "idmap config ULTRADATA : schema_mode = sfu" and "winbind nss info = sfu" in the smb.conf file.
Without either of these settings "wbinfo -i" does not work correctly.
I found this fix listed in a posting labeled "Windows server 2003 SP2, SFU 3.5 and Samba 3.0.28".
When I have the entry in smb.conf I can readily resolve AD users and login via a telnet session using their AD password.

I now only have one issue left and that is the allocation if the primary group id from that specified in the SFU setup for a user account.
The user id as specified in the SFU setup is being used but the group id is not.

EG: "wbinfo -i abloggs" returns
abloggs:*:1300:10000::/home/support/amu:/bin/ksh

The correct uid of 1300 is used but the group id of 208 that is set is not.
I have tried using the setting of "idmap config ULTRADATA : range  = 200-9999" in case this controls the uid and gid.
However the gid stays set to 10000.
Over the next few days I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling samba.
Setting smb.conf to the required settings that I have discovered before I join the domain and or start samba/winbind etc.

Regards,

Craig Green
Support Consultant - Unix

Ultradata - Vision to Reality